(The sound of thunderous clapping and cheering...)
Enter, Joanna, wearing stunning red carpet worthy attire, waving like the Queen, humble and graciously overwhelmed.
"Thank you, Thank you! It’s too much. Oh my! I’d like to thank God, my family and Jesus and the coffee place where I blog on regular basis. This is so unexpected, really!"
OK, now that my awkward acceptance speech is over, I can let you know what this is all about. I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Ashley at Grace Mountain Diaries—THANK YOU! The Liebster Award is a way for new bloggers to be recognized for their great content AND to recognize other up-and-coming blogs for their wonderfulness. The nominee (me) has a series of questions to answer for you, my lovely readers, and then I also highlight 11 new blogs for you to check out.
Read on to find out the answers to my questions which will help you to get to know me a little better! Also, you can check out my Liebster Nominees at the end of this post. Let’s go!
(more thunderous clapping and then silence so you can read…)
How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what is it about?
Let us not therefore be weary of well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
-Galatians 6:9 (GNV)
I think we all need to be encouraged. Most people who are following Jesus are just trying to be a good and faithful servant. I want to help others through my writing, I want to encourage other moms, artists and men and women of faith. I know that apart from Him, I can do nothing and apart from relationship, I am totally ineffective. As I was thinking about the title for this blog, the song Faint Not by Jenny and Tyler kept playing in my head. Faint not, mom of toddlers who is so sleep deprived you can’t stand up straight. Faint not, closet musician feeling dwarfed by the talent around you. Faint not, you who are trying to follow Jesus when the world seems to be crumbling down around you. Those words really fit my vision for this blog, and so 'Faint Not Mom' was it!
Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
Mostly, my inspiration comes from my life, seeing God at work in my family and in other artists. In the world’s eyes, I have a pretty ordinary existence, but I like to see what extraordinary things God is doing in the midst of the mess. Also, I like to highlight the crazy things that I experience in mothering my three little boys.
Can you give 11 random facts about yourself?
- Jameson’s Irish whiskey is my drink - preferably a double on the rocks.
- My guilty pleasure foods are Cheetos and Raviolios, but not together.
- When I was little, I wanted to be a screen actress who sang and danced like Judy Garland. When I grew up I realized that it wasn’t the 1940’s. Bummer.
- I love coffee. I have worked in four different coffee shops for a total of 6 years. I even had people throw coffee beans at my wedding—instead of rice or birdseed, or whatever is kosher these days. So...yeah...serious love for coffee.
- I like a good day of outside manual labor. I don’t know if it was just so drilled into my habits growing up, but I love that feeling of getting up early, putting on some scrubby clothes and getting really sweaty and dirty hauling wood or digging holes. Maybe I should have been a farmer like all those aptitude tests in high school said…
- I was kicked out of the teaching program at university. I wrote a paper that they didn’t like and they refused to send me on to student teaching. Oh well.
- I believed in Santa Claus until I was in 6th grade and I was so convinced of his existence—thanks to the elaborate work of my parents—that I would convince other kids that he was real. I balled my eyes out when my dad told me the truth. Oh, the innocence lost!
- I delivered my twins in a room with about 30 people. We were at a teaching hospital and there were groups of people talking about their weekend plans as I was pushing.
- I wore my mom’s wedding dress when I got married. My mom is an amazing seamstress and she altered it and added lace. So classic.
- I love to make pie but no one in my family eats it, so I never make it. Sad face.
- Ironically, the acronym of the names of boys in my family spells “REST”, but I rarely get any.
What was your biggest accomplishment of 2014?
In 2014, I gave up the job search. Not that I am actively looking for a job, but after the kids are old enough to go to school, I would like to apply myself in some way. For as long as I can remember I’ve been looking for a career that will compliment Tom’s call to be a pastor. I’ve looked at counseling, administration, nursing, being physician’s assistant, teaching, catering… and the list goes on. I felt like I needed something to do while he was doing ministry. All these jobs fit my skills but I never really felt passionate about them. It was like I was trying really hard to put myself in a box and God was like, “What are you doing?!?!” This year, God has worked in my heart and given me the freedom to say out loud to myself and others, that I am called to full time ministry too. With my husband. And I feel like I don’t have to search anymore.
What is it you love most about blogging?
I love being able to write. Which is crazy because I HATED english when I was in school, but I feel like I have developed it into a creative release for me. I also love when the things I write connect with other people. If one person feel less alone or gets a good laugh from a blog post, that means everything to me!
If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- I wish for all the bad things to be made right, you know like eradicate world hunger, stop genocide, clean water for everyone, no more sex-trafficking and child slavery...all the things.
- I wish that I could be with my friends and family whenever I wanted by teleportation. I’d love to pop round for a cuppa in Chorleywood and then the next hour visit my sister in Chicago and hold my new nephew.
- I wish that my boys would eat the food that I make for them. This is so frustrating to me and I think it would greatly improve my happiness if they appreciated my cooking!
What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
India. I am intrigued by the culture and the food!
What are you currently watching or reading?
Death Comes to Pemberly. I am a massive Pride and Prejudice fan and this mini series on Netflix has captured my imagination! Also I like watch Nashville. It is kind of a soap opera now, but I love Nashville (the city) so it makes me feel like I still live there...a little.
I am reading blogs. Lots and lots of Blogs.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
France. I love the culture, the people, the sense of humor, and again, very important, THE FOOD! It is a beautiful and diverse country as well - I would love to live in the Loire Valley again like I did in college. Angers, Je t'aime!
What is something you do when you need to take time for yourself?
I love to go to a coffee shop in the city, people watch and write poetry in my moleskine. I love to have a really long time to go for a really long run outside in a beautiful place. I don’t really get the time do most of these things so in a pinch, I like to pour myself a whiskey and watch British period piece girly TV.
Where do you see yourself in five years time?
If I have learned one thing so far, it is that God has a great plan for my life which I can't even fathom. He hasn’t really made me privy to the 5-year-plan but I hope that I am where He wants me to be!
Well that’s me folks. Please read the blog of my friend who nominated me for the Liebster at Grace Mountain Diaries.
Here is my lucky eleven who I hereby Nominate for the Liebster Award. Ladies, your instructions are below. :)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR NOMINEES
Answer the eleven questions given to you by the person that nominated you (see below). Please comment on this post with your link when you are done so I can see your answers!
In your post, link back to the person/blog who nominated you and give a little thank you, shout out.
After completing the questions, nominate bloggers with under 200 followers on the social media platform of your choice (I used Facebook and Bloglovin’), and give them eleven questions of your choice.
Notify your nominees of their nomination, and provide a link to your post so that they know what to do.
Here are your questions:
- How did you decide on the title of your blog, and what is it about?
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- Can you give 11 random facts about yourself?
- What was your biggest accomplishment of 2014?
- What is it you love most about blogging?
- If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
- What is one country in the world you would like to visit? Why?
- What are you currently watching or reading?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is something you do when you need to take time for yourself?
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
Now, in the words of Mr. Darcy, “Go to it!”.
Oh- and one more thing - if you are a new blogger and would like to be considered for a Liebster by one of the nominees above, please leave a link and brief synopsis in the comments below!